Company / Author
Edward K. Ream
Click for enlarged image.
What they say
“Leo is a literate editor with outlines:
- a programmers, outlining editor and a flexible browser,
- a literate programming tool,
- a data organizer and project manager.
- fully scriptable using Python,
- Portable. Leo.py will run on any platform with Python and Tk/tcl.
A general data management environment, Leo shows user-created relationships among any kind of data:
- computer programs, web sites, etc.
- An outlining editor for programmers.
Leo embeds the noweb and CWEB markup languages in an outline context.
- A flexible browser for projects, programs, classes or any other data.
- A project manager.
- Leo provides multiple views of a project within a single outline.
- Leo naturally represents tasks that remain up-to-date.
- Portable. Leo runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
- 100% pure Python. Leo uses Tk/tcl to draw the screen.
- Fully scriptable using Python. Leo’s outline files are XML format.
- Open Software, distributed under the Python License. “
This is a techie one but it’s much more than an outliner and was written for programmers, so that’s not surprising. This is a well-documented package and the price cannot be beat!
The installer is for the Windows version, so if you want to run this on Linux or Mac OS X, you’ll have to download the source. Written in Python
Linux | Mac | Windows
Price: Free | Status: Current | Date added: 2006-06-26