Company / Author
Click for enlarged image.
What they say
- Research a topic with an interactive map
- Customize it with facts, links, and videos
- Share it to show what you’ve learned
instaGrok presents each topic as an interactive visual interface, allowing the user to quickly grasp important concepts, key facts and relationships.
instaGrok’s innovative features make learning much more fun and effective:
- Key Facts show important facts about the topic (with links to the original content page)
- Difficulty Slider adjusts the difficulty of the material
- Quizzes offer fun challenges that reinforce learning and encourage exploration
- Glossary defines important terms
- Journals, Pinning, History
- Integrated journals allow easy note-taking or writing of research reports
- Pin buttons allow pinning of favorite facts, websites or images to your grok
- Search history is automatically saved, allowing you to come back to your research activity
instaGrok for Classroom
In the school setting, an integrated teacher dashboard allows teachers to monitor the progess of each student, view their research activity, and view/comment on students’ journals.”
A browser-based tool for exploring subjects visually, with information culled from across the web. There is an iPad version as well. Both present a visual breakdown of the chosen topic in a bubble diagram and includes small images and video icons that when clicked, enlarge and where appropriate, play.
Displays text from the sources (and direct links to sources) as well as key facts, web sites, videos, images, quizzes and a glossary.
You can drag the bubbles around at it will and it adjusts accordingly. Click on a bubble and the map is re-centered around that node. Click on an image and it enlarges and gives details – similarly for a video, which will play.
Instagrok draws its information from multiple sources – Wikipedia, Answers.com, YouTube, Britannica.com, BusinessInsider, Foursquare and many more. It lists its sources for each item displayed.
See Roy Grubb’s review at the blog: http://www.mind-mapping.org/blog/2013/09/instagrok-and-graph-words-two-more-visual-content-delivery-tools/ G+
browser based | iPad
Price: Free; US$35 p.a. for ads-free use. | Status: Historical (defunct) | Date added: 2013-09-19