Company / Author
Click for enlarged image.
What they say
“Cacoo is a user friendly online drawing tool that allows you to create a variety of diagrams such as site maps, wire frames, UML and network charts. Multiple users can edit the same diagram in a simultaneous collaboration.
You can create attractive diagrams.
It’s a simple process of drag and drop.
Choose from a number of stencils. It’s just so easy to make great diagrams. If necessary you can attach a connector and it’s complete. It’s a quick, simple way to make excellent diagrams.
Real time collaboration
Cacoo supports simultaneous (real time) collaboration. Multiple users can edit a single diagram at the same time. It is as if all the users are in the same room working together.
Share with your team or client.
A diagram that you created with a team or a client can be easily shared. You can communicate with whoever is editing by adding comments to the diagram.
Diagrams created with Cacoo can be pasted into Web applications such as Wikis and Blogs. When the original diagram is edited the pasted graphic is automatically updated. There is no need to upload the diagram each time it is updated. [Vic says: I could not see how to generate the code to embed.]
From the time that the diagram is first created the history of all modifications are saved. You can undo right back to the start – like being in a time machine.
- Export your diagrams to SVG format
- Bulk export of diagrams in SVG format – allows you to export to multiple pages of diagrams to the SVG format. (These files can be converted to PDF files with one sheet per page if you are using OS X or have an applicaiton that allows you to print to PDF.)
- Shared Folder Feature – you can create up to 3 shared folders. Diagrams in the shared folders can be accessible and editable by people who you have shared the folder with.
- Unlimited numbers of diagrams
Restrictions for free plan users
- Maximum sheets: 25 (e.g. 5 diagrams with 5 sheets or 1 diagram with 25 sheets).
- Diagrams will be limited to 15 shared users per diagram.”
Cocoo has 13 stencils: Basic, Balloon; Arrow; Office Equipment; Sitemap; Network; Flowchart; Office Layout; People; Smiley; Freehand Wireframe; Wireframe; and UML. You can upload images as well. It keeps a complete change history. Unfortunately, there’s no way (that I can see) that links can be attached to diagram objects and that could be a barrier to use for mind mapping in some cases.
browser based | needs Flash
Price: Free 25 diagrams; $4/month individual, 1,000 diagrams; $15/month business, 100,000 diagrams. Unlimited sharing for paid plans. There are also educational and enterprise plans. | Status: Current | Date added: 2010-06-14