They list the most important new features as these:
- Better inline editor for all plain text nodes
- Edge-like connectors (available from connector pop-up menu)
- External bitmap and SVG images can be attached & the dialog has file previews
- Images can be scaled and reset
- New scripting API
- Loading and execution of external Groovy scripts
- Find or Replace in all open maps
- Full-screen mode
- Hidden Edge Style
- Horizontal Edge Style
- Hot keys can be set
- Outline view
- Spell checker
- Structured HTML paste
There is also a portable version that can be run from a thumb-drive.
I updated this post with an image of the full Freeplane window to show the interface! Click the image to see it larger.
Just a word of warning, if you use McAfee’s SiteAdvisor, you may get a message about this being a dangerous download. I did, so sent [Updated: SiteAdvisor no longer giving the warning.] I uploaded the installer to virustotal.com for a check, and all 41 of the A-V engines there, including McAfee, said it was clean (you can check the report here).