Gephi is a tool for people who have to explore and understand graphs. It is an interactive visualization and exploration platform for all kinds of networks and complex systems, dynamic and hierarchical graphs. Like Photoshop but for data, the user interacts with the representation, manipulate the structures, shapes and colors to reveal hidden properties. The goal is to help data analysts to make hypothesis, intuitively discover patterns, isolate structure singularities or faults during data sourcing. It is a complementary tool to traditional statistics, as visual thinking with interactive interfaces is now recognized to facilitate reasoning.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: intuition-oriented analysis by networks manipulations in real time.
- Link Analysis: revealing the underlying structures of associations between objects, in particular in scale-free networks.
- Social Network Analysis: easy creation of social data connectors to map community organizations and small-world networks.
- Biological Network analysis: representing patterns of biological data.
- Poster creation: scientific work promotion with hi-quality printable maps.
- Centrality: used in sociology to indicate how well a node is connected. Available: degree (power-law), betweenness, closeness.
- And more: density, path length, diameter, HITS, modularity, clustering coefficient,"